Sabado, Pebrero 8, 2014

II.

Our last meet-up was last eight (8) weeks ago at exactly 3:05 a.m.
We had a very abrupt time together. Since then, I’ve been experiencing difficulty in catching my dream.
God knew how I prayed and wished to have longer hours with her. Until last night, when I thought I was able to meet her again.

I saw her standing near the valley. I was afraid with her position. Immediately, I ran after her. I called her name. She did not respond nor give a look. I whispered her name again but this time I made sure that my breath touched her ears. I closed my eyes as I embraced her. I was surprised that she did not do anything.

I let it for a moment.
I so missed her.
I spent this time as if this would be the last.
She sobbed.
The sounds of her cry were like knives pushing through my chest.

“Why?” I asked.

“I am so tired. I’ve been here for almost two (2) summers ago.”

Though confused, I did not open my eyes.
I counted the days when we last met.
I tried to remember the “summer” term’s meaning.

Summer means years.

“I almost lost my hope of seeing you again. I thought the perfect match was not perfect at all. Gabriel, I am so tired with this set up. I almost killed by solitude. ”

Shocked, I snappishly took my arms.

“WHO ARE YOU?”

Both of us were stunned.



***to be continued.






0 (mga) komento: